In November 2018, voters passed a proposition to expand Medicaid in Idaho. The goal of Medicaid Expansion is to provide Medicaid coverage to individuals with incomes up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Line. The Department of Health and Welfare will build the communication, training, processes, and automation to support open enrollment which is scheduled to start November 1. Although applications can be submitted beginning in November, Medicaid coverage will not be effective until January 1, 2020.
- Expanded Medicaid Application Enrollment starts November 1, 2019.
- Expanded Medicaid Coverage starts January 1, 2020.
For more information, visit medicaidexpansion.idaho.gov
You cannot apply for Idaho Medicaid Expansion at this time. This website will be updated with instructions on how to apply closer to Open Enrollment (now scheduled to begin November 1, 2019).
To be eligible for Expanded Medicaid, all of the following must be true.
- Be a citizen or legal resident.
- Be a resident of the State of Idaho.
- Have a household income that is between 0-138% of the Federal Poverty Line
- Be between the ages of 19 and 64 years old.
- Not be receiving Medicare.
|Maximum Monthly Income Limits
Gross Income for Adult Coverage
|Each additional member||+ $508|