The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Crisis Program helps Idaho families keep the lights on. Families meeting certain eligibility requirements will receive one payment that will be applied to their utility bill to prevent loss of service or help to restore services. Families must have a disconnect notice from their utility company or already have their utility services discontinued. Our goal is to help qualifying families resolve their crisis within 48 hours. Funding is limited and available year-round on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In order to qualify for LIHEAP Crisis Utility Assistance, a family must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Live in Idaho
- One household member must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident
- Show proof of identity
- Provide proof of utility expense
- Households are entitled to one benefit payment in a 12 month period
- Is at risk of disconnection of utility services, had their utility services disconnected or has less than 48 hours of bulk fuel
- Provide proof if crisis is life threatening
- Meet certain income guidelines
Families who currently are receiving SNAP benefits automatically meet the eligibility requirements for LIHEAP Heating Assistance.
|Maximum Monthly Income Limits
Crisis Utility Assistance
|Household Size||Annual Income Limit|
|Each Additional Member||(+) $6,480|