Books, magazines, and playback equipment
Materials mailed directly to and from the user via Free Matter for the Blind
Toll free number to contact the Talking Book Service
Resources to help select titles of interest
Online catalog for direct ordering
Ability to download digital titles
Listen to a brief overview of the service.
To apply for the Talking Book Service
1. Review eligibility requirements, then
2. Download and complete the application.
3. Have your application certified by your library staff or health care professional.
4. Submit completed application by email, mail, fax, or in person to:
|Talking Book Service
Idaho Commission for Libraries
|800-458-3271||208-334-4016||325 W. State Street
Boise, ID 83702
To be eligible for the Talking Book Service, a person must:
- Be legally blind, with vision in the better eye of 20/200 or less with corrective glasses, or
- Have a visual field no greater than 20 degrees in diameter, or
- Be unable to see well enough or focus long enough to read standard print, even with corrective glasses, or
- Be unable to handle print books or turn pages because of a physical disability, or
- Be certified by a medical doctor as having a reading disability due to an organic dysfunction that is severe enough to prevent reading in the usual manner.
The disability may be permanent or temporary.