This program provides health care benefits for eligible low-income children who qualify. The Medicaid program is broken into two different plans to accommodate certain medical needs of its recipients.
- Basic Plan – This plan provides health, prevention, and wellness benefits for children who don’t have special health needs. This plan includes annual physicals, well-child checkups, immunizations, most prescriptions, doctor and hospital visits, and more.
- Enhanced Plan –This plan is for individuals with disabilities or special health needs. This plan has all the benefits of the Basic Plan, plus additional benefits. Most of the time, individuals will need to be referred by a doctor to become eligible for the enhanced plan.
- Download and complete an application
- Then Apply by either:
- Email: MyBenefits@dhw.idaho.gov
- Fax: 1-866-434-8278 (toll free)
- Mail: Self Reliance Programs, PO Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720-0026
- Be prepared to provide this information with the application:
- ID Card
- Household Income
- Housing Costs
- Current Monthly Expenses
- If applicable, Immigration Status
In order to be eligible for Medicaid for children, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live in Idaho
- Be a child under the age of 19
- Be a US Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Meet certain income guidelines
|Maximum Monthly Income Limits
|Household size||Under 19||Disabled children|
|2||$2,004||Contact Us: Income and resource guidelines for disability are best explained by staff.|
|Each additional member||+ $523|